The Learning Staircase designs and retails top quality educational resources and software for learners of all ages, including adults.
Their products are now used in over 700 New Zealand and Australian schools and by thousands of parents and specialist tutors.
The Learning Staircase resources are suitable for:
- Pre-school, primary and high school learners
- Learners of all ages with Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and other Specific Learning Disabilities
- Adult literacy and vocational training
- English as a Second Language (ESOL)
- Learners with speech/language difficulties
Their leading computer-based literacy development program, Steps, is used by a number of tertiary or vocational training institutions for adult learners. It can also be used in the workplace.
- Learners can enter their own words into Steps and practise them as much as they want.
- Tutors/trainers can customize Steps to reinforce course materials or workplace vocabulary.
- Employers can create wordbanks to teach their staff important vocabulary
- Workplace literacy tutors can use Steps to support their teaching
- Adults from other countries can use Steps to learn English
Steps can cover:
- Health and safety words (including reading signs)
- Workplace vocabulary
- Technical terminology
- Basic literacy
Some employers who want to support their staff to improve literacy even provide them with a Home Edition of Steps, which they can work through independently. This version of Steps can be used by up to 5 people – it can help the whole family!
Many training providers work with learners who have struggled with literacy in the school system. Steps is a breakthrough for many of these learners, who experience success for the very first time.